A private/public partnership between the Town of Barnstable and the Friends of Barnstable Dog Parks 501c3 organization.
We are a group of volunteer individuals who have worked hard to bring a well-maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who are willing to uphold the policies and regulations that govern the park. The park has been open since 10/31/18 and we continue as volunteers to maintain the property and to fund-raise to cover the cost of the park maintenance.
Here’s the original conceptual drawing (it’s pretty close to what the park turned out to be)
What are some of the benefits of a dog park?
- A dog park promotes responsible dog ownership
- It allows dogs to exercise and socialize safely
- We live in a tourist area, and what better way to promote the area as “pet-friendly” than to realize the benefits to travelers
- Seniors are a large and vibrant population on the Cape, and the dog park offers seniors a place to safely exercise their dogs
- And it gets people outside and having fun with their dogs.